Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Broch Coo 'an ode to the victims of the Japanese Tsunami'


I thocht I heard the Broch coo
It didnae frighten me
It sang a sang o' gentle pain
And dragged me out tae sea!


We floated out and crossed the bar
And turned towards the west
She bellowed gently in my ear
'Ye didnae bring yer vest!'

We floated on into the mirk
Until great Triton blew
We swirled, and dirled, and held
our wheest
Then paddled out of view
I woke, I slept, I raged, I wept
But all in vain twas 'ere
We sank beneath the steel grey wave
To end our days down there
Scroggie Januaria, March 2011


Illustration:  Sunset Song, Jane Cartney, 2011
© Oraculumsulmareexcoeurd'Ecosse & Jane Cartney

2 comments:

smartart said...

Ekphraxis is alive and well in Weston Super Mare Jane! I love your coos as much as your pheasants; they all KNOW the answer to the Ultimate Question - but are not telling.

Oraculumsulmareexcoeurd'Ecosse said...

Thank you smartart. I will pass on your message to Jane - I know she will be delighted to hear from you.

If you would like to elaborate on the 'Ultimate Question', we would be very interested to read your deliberation.

Until then old Bard ...